Sunday, January 9, 2011

Why now, after all of this time?

That is the question I am asking myself.

Well, there are several reasons. I just found out that the blog that brought me here to teacher  Epiphany In Baltimore is up and running again and for some reason that inspired me to post. Plus, I was chatting with a friend who is also a blogger of note (The Smallest Twine). Also, I feel like I now may have something to say that isn't just glib and funny. I am probably winning more at living now than I have at any point in recent memory, and I just want to keep that going by reflection.... and junk.

When I was deciding to be a teacher, I spent hours analyzing every single piece of information about Baltimore and teaching and teaching in Baltimore, to the point of minor obsession and much hand wringing and sighing did occur. I read the city schools site, the Sun, inside ed, etc. The most valuable thing I found was this blog called Epiphany in Baltimore- it was witty, insightful and I really think it was the whipped cream for the decision to move here. (plus, he was a dude from MI... it doesn't hurt).

SO, three years on, and a lot of hysterical, sad and interesting stories later, here I am.... willing to share. (I mean, who doesn't love to hear about random bull crap from my life? And now you don't even have to call me! or facebook stalk me for minor details!)

Right now, I am sitting on a couch doing this while I should probably be planning, but next week is a weird week (HSA and Final) So...... really,  I have a few days done so I am going to do this instead... that being said, I am looking up resources for teaching Antigone.

No comments:

Post a Comment